Sunday, September 15, 2013

Two Sunday Successes!

It's so wonderful to celebrate the Little Successes as well as the Big.
For example: these Zen Beans (aka Orca or Yin/Yang) came from one beanstalk carefully shepherded all summer long in a hanging basket, safe from Buck the Deer's midnight munchies!
Tonight I tapped the pod and heard that delightful rattle - they were ready to be picked for seed!
We don't eat them, too few and too pretty; I just hand them out as gifts to those whom I think could use a little 'zen' in their life and I have a jewellery project in mind as well.
As for the next Success: I can only say that when I volunteered to do the 12 Days of Christmas Ornament Swap, I had not had enough coffee to realize what it meant to do  'seven swans a'swimming'. !
(Mr Bear calmly informed me that 12 x 7 = 84!)
Someone more brilliant than I had already snagged Days 1 through 6.(drat)
However tonight, I was bound and determined to conquer at least ONE version of an Origami Swan.
Naturally the video tutorial that I chose was for 'intermediate' folders and was in GERMAN!
Luckily it was clear enough and I could actually follow the folds.
So I am justly proud of this Swan serenely floating on top of my laptop.
Blessings to all those who are furiously knitting, sewing, quilting, crafting, and creating gifts in preparation for the Big Holiday ahead!


4 comments:

  1. The swan is fantastic AND I LoVe that you grew those gorgeous beans to give as Zen-ful gifts. All the same, I'd still have to cook and eat one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does that mean you would actually EAT one of my precious zen beads if I sent you one via postal? (please say it isn't true! lol) ltn.

      Delete
  2. I love looking at origami, but I've never attempted it. This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Effy
      Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post!
      ! I know you are beyond busy, but if you wanted to start with an easy origami: the crane is usually suggested. Japanese children try to fold 1000 cranes to honour World Peace Day on August 6th. Blessings!

      Delete