Thursday, November 28, 2013

Over the Malahat to a Movie: Ender's Game

There was a rumour going around town, in the second year we moved here, that yes indeed, we were going to get a Decent Stadium Seating type theatre: Cineplex was the name mentioned.
Sadly this never happened.
So when we want to watch something in comfort (and in my case actually SEE the screen without some huge body blocking my view) we hightail it over the Malahat mountain to the Tillicum Mall Cineplex Odeon.
Knowing we have to do this trip. has caused us to pick our movies carefully. otherwise we just wait for them to be on Netflix and save ourselves driving and gas.
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, has been on the top of our must see list for some time and I for one, did not read the reviews ahead of time, as I wanted to make up my own mind.
Our verdict: 8/10 - well crafted, good story, stayed more or less true to the book (probably because Orson Scott Card the Author was one of the Producers) and didn't try to make the props more important than the people involved. I particularly liked the zero g practice arena: incredibly realistic.
On the way home, we both agreed that it was a great way to spend an afternoon as I think we both have been missing our 'movie fix' for some time.
Blessings to those involved in the Industry who craft such wonderful stories for us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment