Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saturnsday: Mr Bear Takes Me For A Walk

I was peacefully lounging in my jammies and the clock had just gone on past noon thirty.
Mr Bear came bouncing in to the bedroom, briefly disrupting my reading of the exploits of Poirot which I had downloaded to my tablet.
"OK", he said brightly, "Here's the plan for the day. Get dressed have breakfast and we are going OUT. I don't know where, but just Out as it is Too Nice A Day to stay indoors!"
*
We didn't go too far, as the sun sets really early around here, so we only have about four hours of daylight until it gets dark usually around 4 pm.  The Momentous Dike Project which stretches like a dragon's tail and curls around the edge of a cornfield and ends in a small willow tree park was deemed to be our goal.
Perfect walking: smooth and straight and once you get back to the car,
Coffee is only a short 10 minutes away.
We tried our usual Starbucks but since they have removed the comfy seats and dimmed the lights, we went instead to what is becoming our new favourite: the Twisted Mug.
Back home, after unloading the groceries, I happened to look out our kitchen window and saw this.
What a Spectacular Ending to a Great Day!
Blessings to all weekend walker and picture takers out there!




1 comment:

  1. TY Jaen for the call and I'm so happy I didn't miss this post...the back story to the beautiful photos just make them even better, although the thousand words each spoke to me were perfect. I know I'll have a wonderful time with ya'll when I get there in 2014.
    P&L Dar OX

    ReplyDelete