Friday, August 16, 2013

Feasting At The Farm Table - Providence Farm

Tonight as a very belated Thank You to Ms P for helping to look after our place while we were gone for two months; Mr Bear and I decided to treat her to dinner at Providence Farm's new venture, the Farm Table Restaurant.
Here is their Press Release -
A NEW DINING EXPERIENCE WITH PURPOSE
Providence Farm is pleased to welcome Vancouver Island University (VIU) to its Farm family.  VIU’s Culinary Arts Program moved to the Farm in February 2013 and on April 25th it opened its teaching restaurant The Farm Table.  The Farm Table is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings and reservations can be made by calling 250-597-0599.
They serve a 3 course meal comprising of Starter, Main and Dessert all for the princely sum of 15.00! (which covers the cost of the meal as it is non profit organization).
I know you are dying to see what we had, so here is the line up:
First our Starters:
I had ricotta flan with Providence Farm baked baby carrots, glazed with Providence Farm cider.
Mr Bear had the Farm Fresh salad.
Ms P had the corn chowder.
I am sorry I did not take pictures of the Mains but I can tell you that Mr Bear had the Grilled Brochettes of Chicken Tenders, Ms P and I had the home made Pasta Ravioli stuffed with pork and spinach and all were delicious! Plates were literally scraped bare.
Just when we thought we couldn't possibly eat another bite or move! -  
O My Desserts were brought.
Mr Bear and Ms P had ordered the Chocolate Layer Cake which came with a small mountain of whipped cream sprinkled with a drift of marigold blossoms and as an added dash - a small flower stem of spearmint was placed on top.
My Fruit Tart was presented as a small island surrounded by red dots of raspberry coulis.
As the French would say: ' We ate with our eyes.'
We are not overstuffed, but pleasantly sated as I write up this post and this bodes well for a good night's sleep.
So on that note: I will leave you to your dreams as well.
Blessings on your table, may your guests never leave hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment