Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday Thoughts - Flaming Maples, Pumpkin Pie Weather, A Plaid Car and Butterflies

Right now I am thinking that I really really don't want to go out and spend money on a new camera, but 'needs must when the Artful Muse drives.'
It was perfect Pumpkin Pie weather, brilliant light and a slight chill when you stepped into shadows.
Perfect for shooting or so I thought.
Mount Tzhouhalem was in his glory: flaming maples dotted his hillside.
A small mountain of pumpkins were spilling onto the ground at the Old Farm Market and in the parking lot of our local Safeway, a green Plaid Car just begged to have its picture taken.
When I got back home and had a good look at what I shot: they were underexposed, or overexposed or blurred.
As a friend of mine would say: "MEH!"
I fought with the resolution to get it to at least bearable so I could post something from the day.
Tomorrow Mr Bear and I will go camera hunting.

***
Meanwhile back at Quail Hill or What I have been up to....
This week I was sent an email from Opus Art Supply with an invitation to enter their Photo Contest with the theme, 'Red, Yellow, Blue'.
I immediately thought of a an artist's palette, but, no, too obvious and cliched.
"How about Pan Pastels?, My Muse asked as she prodded me in the left side with her yellow pencil.
In my photo file, I found these shots with the primary colours requested, used them as my base and here is what I came up with as my entry: butterflies of wonderful pigment that emerge from Nature's Own palette and take flight on the Artist's canvas.
Blessings to all those who like me are prodded by La Musa (though hopefully NOT with a sharpened yellow pencil!)

No comments:

Post a Comment