Thursday, October 03, 2013

Thursday Thoughts - Meadowlarks, Scotland and Vampyrs

It was a small thing to be sure, but as I walking down the lane behind the Old Farmer's Market, above the noise of a very busy highway, I heard the sweet sweet song of the western meadowlark.

Why was this so remarkable?

Because I HEARD it, I could actually hear it with the help of the two blue froggies happily nestling in my ears, whom I have nicknamed: Syn and Dex.


We were at the Farmer's Market to gather supplies for Mr Bear's Beef Stew with a Super Secret Scottish Ingredient.
I learned about this little bit of culinary wisdom from Pauline Staff who was our hostess at Holmhead Guest House Bed and Breakfast which is literally built into Hadrian's Wall, Northern Scotland. At the time, she boasted the 'world's largest breakfast menu' - I believe it was over a 100 items, starting with Black Pudding and ending with Waffles.
***
When we got back from shopping, I continued to work on my Vampyr Journal, binding and giving it a good going over with more glue than I care to mention and some more paint as well. (sigh, will this ever be finished?)
I am going to be gifting it to a true lover of Hallowe'en, as the recipient actually takes his vacation time for the event, so that he and his son can decorate the house, and get their costumes ready.
Blessings to all those who have meadowlarks that sing in their backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment